Ok, so skip this day, seriously, skip it. Another bullet point format is needed to explain the lack of any substance. Here we go again…
• Jamie left us at 7:30am this morning. I woke up when I heard the door squeak. We said our goodbyes – tiredly, then went back to sleep.
• We remained in our room until 12pm. Sarah said she couldn’t be bothered to go to the waterfalls as it was an hour and a half from us. I needed no persuading and decided to do nothing that day also.
• We checked out, then checked in to another guesthouse. We had brunch there, before returning to our previous guesthouse to hang out by the pool all day.
• We remained there until 4pm, for the first time in my life I spent 3 full hours sunbathing (you see, I am in a secret tanning battle with Sarah. So far she is winning, unlike losing at pool, I don’t mind). I occasionally had to dip in the pool to cool down, but by the time I was finished, I walked away like a bronzed god… Not really, just slightly browner/ pink (in the areas that lacked sun screen) and dripping in sweat.
• We then returned to our room (which had a tv, something we hadn’t had in a while). Nothing was on, so I chose to watch a movie on my tablet called “Cloud Atlas”. 2 hours and 52 minutes later, I was left both confused and annoyed. I put in all that time thinking the movie would make sense at the end, I was left dumbfounded. What a waste of time that was.
• After having a quick shower, we went to the local market to grab some street food. Followed by a slow walk around the stalls, then we returned to our guesthouse, where I ordered Pad Thai, while Sarah researched how we would get to Phuket. With a slight idea which we’d work on the next day, I paid for my meal, then we climbed the steep stairs back to our room.
TOLD YOU THIS DAY WAS WORTH SKIPPING. I simply typed it for my records rather than for entertaining purposes. Sorry to have let you down guys, but working on my tan seemed more important at the time, than going out and actually doing something!